Take if from Reinhold Bogner himself: this pedal is “Billy Gibbons in a box!”
What more do you need? Since 1989, Bogner’s compelling, respected and sought-after tube amplifiers have graced the stages and studios of elite players throughout the world and now that expertise has come in pedal form! Reinhold's LaGrange pedal is designed to emulate the famous "plexi" amplifier tones, which every legendary guitarist has played at one time or another.
The LaGrange features a wide variety of tone shaping tools including switches for gain, variac, presence and structure. Knobs include volume, gain, tone and a channel blend which simulates the two channels of a 4 input 67-69 plexi amplifier. Unlike the Ecstasy red and blue pedals, the La Grange offers an independent boost with level adjust and an expression pedal input which lets you connect the output of a volume pedal to control the gain of the LaGrange.
Reinhold designed the La Grange pedal with an op-amp input, followed by five discrete Class A gain stages and incorporated Germanium diode clipping.
This approach minimizes the input noise floor while retaining touch sensitivity and clarity even at higher gain levels.
The La Grange is powered by a standard 9V battery or 9V power supply.
Reinhold’s advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage a substantially higher level providing a greater dynamic range.
• True bypass
• Independent boost with level adjust
• Master Controls: Gain, Volume, Tone and Channel Blend
• Channel Blend simulates the two channels of a 4 input 67-69 plexi amplifier.
• Variac On/Off switch: adds a “dropped voltage” dynamic compression
to the feel and sound for that illusive Brown sound
• Gain Switch: Low, Medium and High gain levels
• Presence Switch: "h" is high, for a more open and bright tone. "L" is low
for a more rounder tone with milder high frequencies
• Structure Switch: The smaller black dot refers to a tight and focused gain structure.
The open circle delivers a loose and fat gain structure. The solid large black
dot refers to a gain structure in between the other two extremes.
• Jacks: input, output and exp. The expression pedal input lets you connect
the output of a volume pedal which can control the gain of the LaGrange.
• Low Battery Indicator: LEDs blink when battery voltage drops below critical threshold.