The Friedman IR-X is a feature-laden guitar preamp that fits right on your pedalboard...
or plugs right into your DAW.
It's loaded with two high-voltage 12AX7 tubes.
Channel 1 ranges from squeaky-clean British-voiced chime to Plexi-style crunch.
Channel 2 yields Friedman's trademark high-gain tone, chock-full of percussive punch, note articulation, and searing sustain.
and Each Channel includes a Boost to push your drive to the next level.
3-Band EQ for each channel and voicing switches are onboard.
You can plug the IR-X into a power amp and cab for a genuine air-pushing experience
or use the onboard power amp simulation and low-latency IR loader to go direct.
The IR-X includes an ultra-transparent effects loop,
three multifunction footswitches, MIDI programmability, USB MIDI for DAW integration,
and a headphone output.
Here's what Friedman has to say...
- A feature-laden guitar preamp that fits on your pedalboard
- 2 high-voltage 12AX7 tubes deliver the harmonic richness and touch response of a full-sized Friedman amp
- Channel 1 ranges from squeaky-clean British-voiced chime to Plexi-style crunch
- Channel 2 yields a high-gain tone that's chock-full of percussive punch, note articulation, and searing sustain
- Per-channel 3-band EQ, Volume and Gain controls, and footswitchable boost
- Bright and Tight voicing switches provide added sonic flexibility
- Bypassable effects loop makes integrating your pedalboard simple
- Power amp simulation with Presence and Thump parameters
- IR loader includes 12 free Friedman cabinet IRs, or you can load your own custom files
- MIDI programmable with up to 128 presets for integration with pro-level rigs; USB MIDI for DAW integration
- 3 multifunction footswitches make real-time operation a breeze
- TRS balanced output; headphone output